Fiscal Taxation Consulting operates the https:ftconsulting.biz website, which provides the SERVICE.
This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service, the Fiscal Taxation Consulting website.
Information Collection and Use
For a better experience while using our Service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, phone number, and postal address. The information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you.
We want to inform you that whenever you visit our Service, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Our website uses these “cookies” to collection information and to improve our Service. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
For more general information on cookies, please read “What Are Cookies”.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform our Service users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
All emails sent or received by FTC (including attachments) are private, confidential and intended for the named recipient only. They may contain proprietary information. If you have received an email in error:
Immediately notify the sender using the contact details in the email;
Delete the email and any attachments after notifying the sender;
Do not forward, copy, print, save or transmit the email or its contents;
Do not use or rely on the email or its contents.
Any unauthorised use of, copying or transmission of an email and its contents is strictly prohibited and unlawful.
Although we take reasonable precautions, we do not guarantee that our emails or attachments are free of malicious software. We are not liable for any harm, loss or damage related to our emails, including (but not limited to):
Malicious software or viruses;
Changes made to the email;
Corruption of any data;
non-delivery or incorrect delivery of any email.
We reserve the right to intercept, monitor, review and disclose all emails sent to our users.
Links to Other Sites
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
Respecting and protecting your privacy and Personal Information (refer to the definition of Personal Information at the end of this policy statement) is very important to Fiscal Taxation Consulting (Pty) Ltd hereafter FTC and its Member Firms. It is also a Constitutional right and good business practice requirement which we take very seriously.
For more detailed information with regards to the processing and protecting of your personal information please contact the FTC Information Officer as stipulated in section 10 below.
In line with the 8 Conditions for Lawful Procession of Personal Information as set out in the Protection of Personal Information Act no 4 of 2013 (the Act), we-
- Accept joint responsibility and accountability with you to responsibly manage and protect your Personal Information when providing our services and solutions to you;
- Undertake to collect and process only such Personal Information which is necessary given the purpose for which it is processed and to assist you with your required solutions, conclude the necessarily related agreements and consider the legitimate legal interests of everyone concerned, as required by the Act. We will at all times respect your right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your Personal Information;
- Undertake to only use your Personal Information for the purpose for which the information is essential to enable us to assist you or provide solutions to you;
- Undertake not to share or further process your Personal Information with anyone or for any reason if not required for assisting you with your solutions or as required in terms of legislation or regulations;
- Undertake to take reasonably practicable steps to ensure that information is complete, accurate, not misleading and, where necessary, is updated;
- Undertake to be open and transparent on the nature, extent and reasons for processing Personal Information;
- Undertake to safeguard and protect your Personal Information in our possession;
- Undertake to freely confirm what Personal Information we hold of you, to update and rectify the Personal Information upon request and to keep it for no longer than required.
By providing us with your Personal Information, you agree to this Policy and authorise FTC to process such information as set out herein and you authorise FTC and any associated entities or third parties (where applicable) for the purposes set out herein.
We will not use your Personal Information for any other purpose than that set out in this Policy and we will take the necessary steps to secure the integrity and confidentiality of Personal Information in our possession and under our control by taking appropriate and reasonable measures to prevent loss of, damage to or unauthorised destruction of your Personal Information and to prevent the unlawful access to, or processing of Personal Information.
- REASONS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
FTC, or the entities who provide or assist with the solutions you required (if any) (Containabiz the partnership FTC is affiliated with), need to collect, use and keep your Personal Information as prescribed by relevant legislation and regulations and for reasons such as:
- To provide all relevant services in accordance with your mandate to us as set out in the engagement letter and to maintain our relationship;
- To respond to your queries;
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised user for security purposes;
- To comply with all legislative or regulatory requirements related to services provided to you by us;
- To satisfy any requirement by a professional body or network to which we are a member;
- To fulfil our contractual obligations to you, for example to ensure that invoices are issued correctly, to communicate with you and to carry out instructions and requests, and for ensuring you are able to access our premises when required;
- For any other operational purposes required to assist you with the solutions you require;
- To comply with our legal obligations to you, for example health and safety obligations while you are on any of our premises, or to a third party;
- In connection with possible requirements by the Information Regulator or other Government agencies allowed by law, legal proceedings, or court rulings.
- BUSINESS ACTIVITIES FOR WHICH PERSONAL INFORMATION IS PROCESSED
- Recruitment and Employment purposes
- Providing Professional Services as per client mandate;
- Administering, managing and developing our businesses and services;
- Security, quality and risk management activities;
- Complying with any requirement of law, regulation or a professional body of which we are a member.
- SHARING OR TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our employees will have access to your Personal Information to administer and manage our services and internal business processes. In general, we do not share your Personal Information with third parties (other than service providers acting on our behalf – Containabiz the partnership FTC is affiliated with) unless we have a lawful basis for doing so.
THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS/OPERATORS
We may need to share your Personal Information and/or utilise software or online platforms to enter and process your information for business management purposes. This will only be done in strict adherence to the requirements of the Act. We also have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with the privacy requirements as required by the Act.
FTC may also disclose your information:
- Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of legislation, regulations or industry codes;
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights;
- When explicitly requested by you;
- With professional advisers, for example, law firms, as necessary to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights and obtain advice in connection with the running of our business. Personal Information may be shared with these advisers as necessary in connection with the services they have been engaged to provide.
- To law enforcement, regulatory and other government agencies and to professional bodies, as required by and/or in accordance with applicable law or regulation. We may also review and use your personal information to determine whether disclosure is required or permitted.
- INFORMATION SECURITY
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the Personal Information we hold and to stop unauthorised access and use thereof. We will, on an ongoing basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your Personal Information remains secure.
Generally accepted standards of technology and operational security have been implemented to protect information from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. All our employees are trained on information security and are required to keep Personal Information confidential and only authorised persons have access to such information.
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure.
- RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We shall only retain and store Personal Information for the period for which the data is required to serve its primary purpose or a legitimate interest or for the period required to comply with an applicable legal requirement, whichever is longer.
- YOUR RIGHTS: ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to request a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you. To do this, simply contact us via the numbers/addresses provided below or on our website and specify what information you require. We will need proof of authorisation or a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
Please note that any such access request may be subject to a payment of a legally allowable fee.
- AMENDMENTS TO YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. We will require proof of identity and/or authority before making changes to personal information we may hold of you. We would appreciate it if you would keep your personal information accurate and up to date.
- HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any queries about this policy, or need further information about our privacy practices, wish to withdraw consent, exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us at: email@example.com
Alternatively you can contact us on the numbers/addresses listed under the contact us section of our website.
Any additional information or concerns can be found and raised with the Information Regulator, who can be contacted as shared below, but please feel free to contact us first to discuss any questions or concerns you may have:
Website: Legal | InfoRegSA (justice.gov.za)
Personal Information is defined by the Protection of Personal Information Act (the Act) as:
“information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person, including, but not limited to—
information relating to the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth of the person;
- information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person;
- any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier or other particular assignment to the person;
- the biometric information of the person;
- the personal opinions, views or preferences of the person;
- correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence;
- the views or opinions of another individual about the person; and (h) the name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person”.
- Respecting and protecting your Personal Information (please refer to the definition of Personal Information at the end of this policy statement) is very important to us. It is also a Constitutional right, legal, and good business practice requirement, which we take very seriously.